Ph.D. program in Economics at the University of Cologne
The Faculty of Management, Economics and Social Sciences awards a title of a - Doctor rerum politicarum - (Dr. rer pol) for the successful graduation of
- a doctoral studies program and
- a doctoral thesis (either a monograph or a collection of papers) and
- a defence of the doctoral thesis.
The doctoral studies program consists of the completation of five doctoral studies courses out of the following program of the Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences (CGS). The current program covers the following theory and methods courses and is supplemented by courses on special topics.
- Advanced Microeconomics I (Game Theory)
- Advanced Microeconomics II (Contract Theory)
- Advanced Microeconomics III (Industrial Organization)
- Advanced Macroeconomics I (Real Dynamic Macroeconomics)
- Advanced Macroeconomics II (Monetary Dynamic Macroeconomics)
- Monetary Theory and Policy
- Experimental Economics
- Econometrics: Linear Models
- Econometrics: Causal Analysis
- Econometrics: Time Series Analysis
- Advanced MicroEconometrics
- Identification Strategies in Econometrics
- Statistical Analysis of Financial Data
Further informations and details about the CGS courses can be found here.